Benanomicin AAlternative Names: BNM-A; ME 1451
Latest Information Update: 29 Nov 2006
At a glance
- Originator Meiji Seika Kaisha
- Class Antifungals; Antivirals
- Mechanism of Action Cell membrane modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections; Mycoses; Pneumocystis pneumonia
Most Recent Events
- 29 Nov 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Mycoses in Japan (unspecified route)
- 15 Dec 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Mycoses in Japan (unspecified route)
- 15 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Pneumocystis pneumonia in Japan (unspecified route)