VPI 013Alternative Names: OPC-14523
Latest Information Update: 27 Jul 2009
At a glance
- Originator Otsuka Pharmaceutical
- Class Antidementias; Antidepressants; Neuroprotectants; Piperazines; Quinolines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin 1A receptor agonists; Serotonin uptake inhibitors; Sigma-1 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Major depressive disorder; Neuropathic pain
Most Recent Events
- 27 Jul 2009 No development reported - Preclinical for Neuropathic pain in USA (PO)
- 27 Jul 2009 No development reported - Phase-II for Depression in USA (PO)
- 25 Oct 2006 Vela Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Pharmos Corporation