PACAPAlternative Names: PACAP 1-27; PACAP 1-38; PACAP 6-38; PACAP-27; PACAP-38; Pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide
Latest Information Update: 19 Sep 2003
At a glance
- Originator Tulane University
- Class Muscle relaxants; Neuropeptides; Peptides; Vasodilators
- Mechanism of Action Adenylate cyclase inhibitors; Adenylate cyclase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Neurological disorders; Non-small cell lung cancer; Stroke
Most Recent Events
- 19 Sep 2003 Discontinued - Phase-I for Stroke in Europe (unspecified route)
- 19 Sep 2003 Discontinued - Phase-I for Neurological disorders in Europe (unspecified route)
- 19 Sep 2003 Discontinued - Phase-I for Asthma in Europe (unspecified route)