Ascorbyl gamolenateAlternative Names: Ascorbyl-gamma-linolenic acid; Ascorbyl-GLA; SC 103a
Latest Information Update: 22 Jan 2002
At a glance
- Originator Scotia Holdings [CEASED]
- Mechanism of Action Aldehyde reductase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetic neuropathies
Most Recent Events
- 22 Jan 2002 Discontinued-I for Diabetic neuropathies in United Kingdom (PO)
- 19 Nov 1999 Phase-I clinical trials for Diabetic neuropathies in United Kingdom (PO)
- 20 May 1999 SC 103 is now called Ascorbyl gamolenate