At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Antirheumatics; Aromatic amino acids; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Metalloprotease inhibitors; Peptide hydrolase inhibitors; Tumour necrosis factor inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Septic shock
Most Recent Events
- 21 Jan 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for Septic shock in USA (unspecified route)
- 22 Jan 2001 Glaxo Wellcome has merged with SmithKline Beecham to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 28 May 1996 New profile