EmbusartanAlternative Names: BAY 106734
Latest Information Update: 08 Oct 2001
At a glance
- Originator Bayer
- Class Antihypertensives; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Angiotensin receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 08 Oct 2001 No-Development-Reported for Hypertension in Germany (PO)
- 23 Sep 1998 Investigation in Hypertension in Germany (PO)
- 11 Mar 1998 BAY 106734 is now called embusartan