At a glance
- Originator Lundbeck Research USA
- Mechanism of Action Alpha 1a adrenergic-receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Benign prostatic hyperplasia
Most Recent Events
- 11 Jul 2002 Synaptic's alpha1A receptor antagonists have been licensed to Ranbaxy in India
- 10 Mar 2000 Merck has relinquished its rights to Synaptic's α adrenoceptor compounds, which are now available for licensing
- 01 Apr 1999 No-Development-Reported for Benign prostatic hyperplasia in USA (Unknown route)