Latest Information Update: 23 Mar 2000
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Developer Banyu; Merck & Co
- Class Antirheumatics; Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories
- Mechanism of Action Cyclo-oxygenase 2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Rheumatic disorders; Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 23 Mar 2000 No-Development-Reported for Rheumatoid arthritis in USA (Unknown route)
- 23 Mar 2000 No-Development-Reported for Rheumatic disorders in Japan (Unknown route)
- 17 Jun 1996 Phase-I clinical trials for Rheumatic disorders in Japan (Unknown route)