Meningococcal vaccine recombinant - ID BiomedicalAlternative Names: NspA vaccine; SPD-704
Latest Information Update: 21 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator ID Biomedical Corporation
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Meningococcal infections
Most Recent Events
- 08 Dec 2005 ID Biomedical Corporation has been acquired by GlaxoSmithKline
- 21 Sep 2004 Shire Biologics has been acquired and merged into ID Biomedical Corporation
- 25 Jun 2002 This vaccine is still in active development