SYNSORB PkAlternative Names: SYNSORB Pk; TAK 751S
Latest Information Update: 30 Jul 2003
At a glance
- Originator SYNSORB Biotech
- Class Antibacterials
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Escherichia coli infections
Most Recent Events
- 19 Jan 2001 Phase-III clinical trials for Escherichia coli infections in USA (PO)
- 10 Jan 2001 SYNSORB Biotech has suspended further development of SYNSORB Pk® but the US NIH will continue their phase III trial on SYNSORB Pk® investigating a different clinical endpoint
- 10 Jan 2001 Suspended-III for Escherichia coli infections in Canada (PO)