Latest Information Update: 16 Oct 2013
At a glance
- Originator SuperGen
- Developer Astex Pharmaceuticals
- Class Obesity therapies
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Suspended Diabetes mellitus; Obesity; Prader-Willi syndrome
Most Recent Events
- 11 Oct 2013 Astex Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Otsuka Pharmaceutical
- 16 Jul 2004 RF 1051 is still available for licensing (http://www.supergen.com)
- 12 May 2003 Suspended - Phase-II for Prader-Willi syndrome in USA (PO)