At a glance
- Originator National Cancer Center (Tokyo); Taiho Pharmaceutical; Teikyo University
- Class Pyrimidine nucleosides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Nucleoside transport protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Solid tumours in Japan (unspecified route)
- 20 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Solid tumours in Japan (Unknown route)
- 10 Jul 1996 Preclinical development for Solid tumours in Japan (Unknown route)