At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Osteoporosis therapies
- Mechanism of Action Bone resorption factor inhibitors; Integrin alphaVbeta3 antagonists; Osteoclast inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Postmenopausal osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 03 Oct 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in USA (unspecified route)
- 07 Sep 1998 No-Development-Reported for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in USA (Unknown route)
- 10 Jul 1996 Preclinical development for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in USA (Unknown route)