ManifaxineAlternative Names: 1555; 1555U88; BW 1555U88; GW 320659; Manifaxina; Manifaxinum
Latest Information Update: 25 Feb 2003
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antidepressants; Small molecules; Smoking cessation therapies
- Mechanism of Action Adrenergic receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder; Obesity; Smoking withdrawal
Most Recent Events
- 25 Feb 2003 Discontinued - Phase-II for Obesity in USA (unspecified route)
- 14 Nov 2002 Discontinued - Phase-II for Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in USA (unspecified route)
- 14 Nov 2002 Discontinued - Phase-II for Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in United Kingdom (unspecified route)