At a glance
- Originator Proteome Systems
- Developer Tyrian Diagnostics
- Class Anti-ischaemics; Antidementias; Neuroprotectants; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Oxygen radical scavengers; Superoxide dismutase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Adult respiratory distress syndrome; Autoimmune disorders; Myocardial ischaemia; Neuroprotection
Most Recent Events
- 07 Nov 2001 This compound is still in active development
- 23 Jun 1997 Preclinical development for Neuroprotection in USA (Parenteral)
- 06 May 1997 Preclinical development for Adult respiratory distress syndrome in USA (Parenteral)