At a glance
- Originator Alteon
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Advanced glycosylation end product inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetic complications
Most Recent Events
- 08 May 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Diabetic complications in USA (Unknown route)
- 26 Feb 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 03 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Diabetic complications in USA (Unknown route)