BOPPAlternative Names: Boronated porphyrin compound
Latest Information Update: 26 Mar 2003
At a glance
- Originator Procept
- Class Antineoplastics; Oxidants
- Mechanism of Action Photosensitisers
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Brain cancer; Glioma
Most Recent Events
- 26 Mar 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Glioma in USA (unspecified route)
- 26 Mar 2003 No development reported - Phase-II for Brain cancer in Australia (unspecified route)
- 21 Feb 2000 Pacific Pharmaceuticals is now called Procept and has the biotechnology assets of the former Procept