Latest Information Update: 12 Oct 2006
At a glance
- Originator Kissei Pharmaceutical
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Glycosylation inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetic complications
Most Recent Events
- 12 Oct 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Diabetic complications in Japan (unspecified route)
- 26 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 03 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Diabetic complications in Japan (Unknown route)