At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Antiplatelets
- Mechanism of Action Thromboxane A2 receptor antagonists; Thromboxane synthase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetic nephropathies; Thrombosis
Most Recent Events
- 06 Sep 2000 Discontinued-Preclinical for Thrombosis in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Astra and Zeneca to form AstraZeneca completed
- 16 Mar 1999 Discontinued-Preclinical for Diabetic nephropathies in USA (Unknown route)