At a glance
- Originator Roche
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Insulin sensitisers; Naphthalenes; Thiazolidinediones
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 11 Oct 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Diabetes mellitus in Germany (PO)
- 26 Feb 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 04 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Diabetes mellitus in Germany (PO)