AltiniclineAlternative Names: SIB-1508; SIB-1508Y
Latest Information Update: 30 Nov 2006
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Antiparkinsonians
- Mechanism of Action Nicotinic receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 21 Jun 2000 A study has been added to the adverse events and Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders therapeutic trials sections
- 16 Dec 1999 SIBIA Neurosciences has been acquired by, and integrated into, Merck & Co.
- 10 Nov 1999 A preclinical study has been added to the Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders pharmacodynamics section
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Development Overview
- Drug Properties & Chemical Synopsis
- Development Status
- Commercial Information
- Scientific Summary
- Development History