Latest Information Update: 08 Mar 2000
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Antiparkinsonians; Neuroprotectants; Nootropics
- Mechanism of Action Nicotinic receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cognition disorders; Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 08 Mar 2000 No-Development-Reported for Parkinson's disease in USA (Unknown route)
- 08 Mar 2000 No-Development-Reported for Cognition disorders in USA (Unknown route)
- 16 Dec 1999 SIBIA Neurosciences has been acquired by, and integrated into, Merck & Co.