PEG paclitaxelAlternative Names: Paclitaxel macrogol; Polyethylene glycol paclitaxel
Latest Information Update: 29 Apr 2011
At a glance
- Originator Enzon Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antineoplastics; Paclitaxels
- Mechanism of Action Mitosis inhibitors; Tubulin inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 14 Jan 2003 Suspended - Phase-I for Cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 07 Jun 2001 Phase-I clinical trials for Cancer in USA (Unknown route)
- 09 Jan 2001 IND submitted to the FDA