At a glance
- Originator Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Obesity therapies
- Mechanism of Action Beta 1 adrenergic receptor agonists; Beta 3 adrenergic receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Obesity; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 19 Sep 2000 No-Development-Reported for Obesity in USA (Transdermal)
- 19 Sep 2000 No-Development-Reported for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (Unknown route)
- 25 Mar 1998 Phase-I clinical trials for Obesity in USA (Transdermal)