Latest Information Update: 27 Dec 2007
At a glance
- Originator Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Beta 3 adrenergic receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Obesity; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 07 Jul 2000 Phase-I clinical trials for Obesity in USA (Unknown route)
- 07 Jul 2000 Phase-I clinical trials for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (Unknown route)
- 04 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Obesity in USA (Unknown route)