TripterineAlternative Names: Celastrol; Sch 9964
Latest Information Update: 22 Feb 1999
At a glance
- Originator Nonindustrial source; Schering-Plough
- Class Anti-inflammatories
- Mechanism of Action DNA topoisomerase I inhibitors; Protein tyrosine kinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 22 Feb 1999 Celastrol is now called tripterine
- 28 Oct 1997 No-Development-Reported for Cancer in China (Unknown route)
- 28 Oct 1997 No-Development-Reported for Cancer in USA (Unknown route)