SB 203580Alternative Names: RWJ 64809; SB203580
Latest Information Update: 28 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Developer GlaxoSmithKline; University of Cambridge
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Antirheumatics; Imidazoles; Pyridines
- Mechanism of Action P38 mitogen-activated protein kinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer; Postmenopausal osteoporosis; Rheumatoid arthritis; Septic shock