At a glance
- Originator Nonindustrial source
- Class Antimalarials; Benzophenanthridines
- Mechanism of Action DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Malaria
Most Recent Events
- 10 Feb 1999 No-Development-Reported for Malaria in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 29 Aug 1996 New profile
- 29 Aug 1996 Preclinical development for Malaria in United Kingdom (Unknown route)