At a glance
- Originator Merck Frosst
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Antiasthmatics; Antirheumatics
- Mechanism of Action 5-lipoxygenase activating protein inhibitors; 5-lipoxygenase inhibitors; Leukotriene inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Inflammatory bowel diseases; Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 31 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Inflammatory bowel disease in USA (Unknown route)
- 31 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Rheumatoid arthritis in USA (Unknown route)
- 31 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Asthma in USA (Unknown route)