At a glance
- Originator Encysive Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antiasthmatics; Antihyperlipidaemics; Antirheumatics
- Mechanism of Action Integrin alpha4beta1 antagonists; Vascular cell adhesion molecule inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Atherosclerosis; Multiple sclerosis; Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 14 May 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Multiple sclerosis in USA (Unknown route)
- 14 May 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Rheumatoid arthritis in USA (Unknown route)
- 14 May 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Atherosclerosis in USA (Unknown route)