At a glance
- Originator Medivir AB
- Class Antivirals; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 28 May 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)
- 10 Sep 1998 No-Development-Reported for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)
- 29 Aug 1996 New profile