Latest Information Update: 23 Jun 1998
At a glance
- Originator Fujisawa
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Aldehyde reductase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetic complications
Most Recent Events
- 23 Jun 1998 Commercial data has been reviewed by Fujisawa
- 29 Aug 1996 New profile
- 29 Aug 1996 Discontinued-Preclinical for Diabetic complications in Japan (Unknown route)