Cytosine deaminase gene therapyAlternative Names: AdCMV.CD
Latest Information Update: 21 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline; Nonindustrial source
- Class Antineoplastics; Cytosine deaminase-flucytosine-gene-therapies; Pyrimidinones; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Breast cancer; Coronary artery restenosis; Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 21 Jan 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Solid tumours in USA (unspecified route)
- 21 Jan 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Coronary artery restenosis in USA (unspecified route)
- 21 Jan 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Breast cancer in USA (unspecified route)