At a glance
- Originator sanofi-aventis
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Quinolines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Squalene synthase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Alzheimer's disease; Hyperlipidaemia
Most Recent Events
- 25 Feb 2009 No development reported - Preclinical for Alzheimer's disease in France (PO)
- 26 Aug 2004 Aventis has merged with Sanofi-Synthelabo to form Sanofi-Aventis
- 28 Jul 2004 Preclinical trials in Alzheimer's disease in France (PO)