Latest Information Update: 18 May 1998
At a glance
- Originator Celltech Group
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Antirheumatics
- Mechanism of Action Purine nucleoside phosphorylase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Autoimmune disorders; Irritable bowel syndrome; Osteoarthritis; Rheumatoid arthritis; Transplant rejection
Most Recent Events
- 18 May 1998 Discontinued-Preclinical for Rheumatoid arthritis in United Kingdom (PO)
- 18 May 1998 Discontinued-Preclinical for Osteoarthritis in United Kingdom (PO)
- 18 May 1998 Discontinued-Preclinical for Irritable bowel syndrome in United Kingdom (PO)