At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Antiasthmatics; Bronchodilators; Indoles
- Mechanism of Action Leukotriene D4 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma
Most Recent Events
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Astra and Zeneca to form AstraZeneca completed
- 09 Jun 1997 Phase-I clinical trials for Asthma in USA (PO)
- 12 Mar 1997 Phase-II clinical trials for Asthma in United Kingdom (PO)