At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Developer Aventis; Nonindustrial source
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Nucleosides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Adenosine A3 receptor agonists; Tumour necrosis factor inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Diabetes mellitus; Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 07 Jan 2004 No development reported - Preclinical for Rheumatoid arthritis in USA (unspecified route)
- 08 Oct 2001 No-Development-Reported for Diabetes mellitus in Sweden (Unknown route)
- 22 Dec 1999 Hoechst Marion Roussel has merged with Rhône-Poulenc Rorer to form Aventis Pharma