LV 216Alternative Names: Diclofenac zinc salt
Latest Information Update: 13 Aug 2002
At a glance
- Originator Vinas
- Class Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories; Phenylacetates
- Mechanism of Action Prostaglandin synthase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Rheumatic disorders; Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 04 Feb 1997 Preclinical development for Rheumatic disorders in USA (PO)
- 02 Sep 1996 Preclinical development for Rheumatoid arthritis in Spain (PO)
- 29 Aug 1996 New profile