At a glance
- Originator AVANT Immunotherapeutics
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Benzofurans; Cyclohexanes
- Mechanism of Action Complement C5 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Inflammation
Most Recent Events
- 05 Jun 2002 Discontinued - Preclinical for Inflammation in USA (unspecified route)
- 07 Sep 1998 No-Development-Reported for Inflammation in USA (Unknown route)
- 29 Aug 1996 Preclinical development for Inflammation in USA (Unknown route)