At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Anti-ischaemics
- Mechanism of Action Calcium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Neuroprotection
Most Recent Events
- 25 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Neuroprotection in USA (Unknown route)
- 24 Jan 2001 SmithKline Beecham has merged with Glaxo Wellcome to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 29 Aug 1996 Preclinical development for Neuroprotection in USA (Unknown route)