Anti-gonadotrophin releasing hormone vaccine - ML Laboratories/ProthericsAlternative Names: GnRH immunotherapeutic; GnRH vaccine - ML Laboratories/Protherics; GnRHi; O14L; PM-OV-92; Prolog
Latest Information Update: 22 Jun 2004
At a glance
- Originator Protherics
- Class Antiandrogens; Antiprogestogens; Vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Estrogen receptor antagonists; Gonadotropin releasing hormone inhibitors; Immunostimulants; Progesterone receptor antagonists; Testosterone antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Prostate cancer
Most Recent Events
- 22 Jun 2004 Discontinued - Phase-II for Prostate cancer in United Kingdom (unspecified route)
- 09 Jul 2001 Preliminary results of a phase II trial revealed that GnRHi did not elicit large reductions in testosterone levels and ML Laboratories may be about to discontinue the vaccine's development
- 01 Sep 2000 A phase II study of the new formulation of Prolog® in patients with late-stage prostate cancer is underway in the UK