Latest Information Update: 22 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Antirheumatics; Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories
- Mechanism of Action Cyclo-oxygenase 2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Inflammation
Most Recent Events
- 25 Mar 1999 No-Development-Reported for Inflammation in USA (PO)
- 09 Sep 1996 Phase-I clinical trials for Inflammation in USA (PO)