Latest Information Update: 14 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Genaera Corporation
- Class Eye disorder therapies
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Acanthamoeba infections
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for Acanthamoeba infections in USA (Ophthalmic)
- 13 Sep 1996 New profile
- 13 Sep 1996 Preclinical development for Acanthamoeba infections in USA (Ophthalmic)