DesmethylastemizoleAlternative Names: R 44271
Latest Information Update: 18 May 2001
At a glance
- Originator Janssen L.P.
- Class Antiallergics; Antihistamines
- Mechanism of Action Histamine receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Hypersensitivity
Most Recent Events
- 18 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 01 Sep 1998 No-Development-Reported for Allergy in Japan (Unknown route)
- 16 Sep 1996 New profile