Buspirone transdermal - Bristol-Myers Squibb/ElanAlternative Names: BuSpar Patch
Latest Information Update: 18 Jun 2001
At a glance
- Originator Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Class Antidepressants; Anxiolytics; Pyrimidines; Small molecules; Spiro compounds
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin 1A receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Anxiety disorders; Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder; Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 18 Jun 2001 Discontinued-III for Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in Western Europe (Transdermal)
- 18 Jun 2001 Discontinued-III for Depression in USA (Transdermal)
- 18 Jun 2001 Discontinued-III for Anxiety disorders in Western Europe (Transdermal)