Latest Information Update: 12 Nov 2003
At a glance
- Originator Elan Corporation
- Class Antipsoriatics; Osteoporosis therapies; Vitamins
- Mechanism of Action Osteogenesis stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Postmenopausal osteoporosis; Psoriasis
Most Recent Events
- 18 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 06 Nov 1998 No-Development-Reported for Psoriasis in USA (Topical)
- 06 Nov 1998 No-Development-Reported for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in USA (PO)