At a glance
- Originator Otsuka Pharmaceutical
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Enzyme inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 08 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Japan (Unknown route)
- 15 Oct 1996 Preclinical development for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Japan (Unknown route)
- 15 Oct 1996 New profile