At a glance
- Originator Nonindustrial source
- Developer Nonindustrial source; Southern Research Institute
- Class Antiretrovirals; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 14 Sep 1998 No-Development-Reported for HIV-1 infections in USA (Unknown route)
- 18 Oct 1996 New profile
- 18 Oct 1996 Preclinical development for HIV-1 infections in USA (Unknown route)