At a glance
- Originator Mitsubishi Pharma Corporation
- Class Antidiarrhoeals; Antiemetics
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin 3 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Diarrhoea; Irritable bowel syndrome
Most Recent Events
- 09 Feb 2000 No-Development-Reported for Irritable bowel syndrome in Japan (Unknown route)
- 09 Feb 2000 No-Development-Reported for Diarrhoea in Japan (Unknown route)
- 16 Nov 1999 Tokyo Tanabe has been acquired by Mitsubishi Chemical