At a glance
- Originator Pharmacia Corporation
- Class Osteoporosis therapies
- Mechanism of Action GPIIb-IIIa antagonists; Integrin alphaVbeta3 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Suspended Postmenopausal osteoporosis
- No development reported Thrombosis
Most Recent Events
- 05 Apr 2000 Monsanto has merged with Pharmacia & Upjohn to form Pharmacia Corporation
- 28 Feb 2000 Suspended-Unspecified Phase in Postmenopausal osteoporosis in USA (IV)
- 02 Mar 1998 Preclinical development for Thrombosis in USA (IV)